Woodstock students generally do not fit into easily defined categories. While students from all backgrounds, nationalities and educational systems will be considered, the ideal applicants will have a strong mix of the qualities below:
- Academic achievement that demonstrates an ability to succeed at Woodstock
- Life experiences and perspectives that suggest an openness to living in a global community
- Strong English language skills, particularly in Grade 9 and above
- An interest in outdoor activities and an ability to appreciate the Himalayan location
- Parents involved in social service careers or education
- Parents involved in church-related medical, educational and pastoral roles.
Students entering KG must be 5 years of age by the 31st of July in the year of entry. Most boarding students enter from grade 3 onward. Students applying for grade 3 must be 8 years of age in the year of entry.